Spying on other artists - Elliott Erwitt

The website of the famous photographer which is my favourite is the website of Eliott Erwitt. Available at: https://www.elliotterwitt.com/ /accessed 24/04/2022/

What I like the most about this website is the clear and simple interface. White text on a black background, even my blog is written like this :). I know why I'm going to Eliott Erwitt's website. I don't go in there to read his long BIO or CV. I go to the website to view his mostly black and white photos. Which in my opinion fits perfectly with the black and white interface.

There is a slideshow on the home page that slowly turns over the artist's photos. Already on this page, there are 40 pictures of the artist. At the bottom of the page, there is a link to the Instagram profile. On quite a short 'About' page at the very bottom is the link for the magnum photo profile. Magnum is now in charge of Erwitt's website and the store. Which is also available on the same page. In my opinion, this website confirms the idea that sometimes less is more.
#elliotterwitt

Erwitt's Instagram biography is also very short, and his gallery is very constant. Due to the style of photography it owns. Erwitt was born in 1928, presumably, he does not enter Instagram himself anymore and his profile is updated by Magnum editors. 
New posts appear at least twice a week.



When examining Instagram posts, it's easy to see the artist's strong connection with the magnum. Hashtags on Instagram help to reach different audiences #newyork #beachlife #dog #dogsofinstagram will reach dog lovers, new yorkers or people loving beach life.



Comments